ALGWA Strategic Direction 2016 - 2018
- Ensure that the value of women in local government is recognized.
- Raise the profile of ALGWA (Tasmania) and ensure all stakeholders and the wider community are clear regarding the role and purpose of ALGWA.
- Be an active, informed and sought out political voice and shaper of public policy.
- Encourage, support, train and mentor a diversity of people with the aim of increasing participation and knowledge of the role of women in local government.
- Ensure that ALGWA is well informed of issues and barriers impacting on women's participation in local government and be proactive in addressing those issues and barriers.
Strengthen ALGWA's resource base to enable it to become a more effective and influential organization.